The Tailwell Power Tail Trimmer was developed in New Zealand for dairy farmers, to speed up and relieve the tedious job of trimming the tails of dairy cows.
Tail trimming is carried out to reduce faecal and urine contamination of milk in the vat, to improve the cleanliness and health of the cow, and to improve hygiene and health of milking staff.
It is recommended that tail trimming is carried out twice per year to ensure staff safety and highest milk quality.
- The Tailwell power tail trimmer is secured by way of the drive shaft into any suitable cordless drill of 18 volts, operating at 1,200 rpm to 1,800 rpm
- Tailwell is quiet in use, with a smooth, fast cutting action
- Trimming takes only a few seconds per tail and is easily accomplished during milking or in the barn
- The outer blade oscillates over a stationary inner blade, so there is no risk of injury to the cow
- Pre-cutting the tail’s switch is not necessary. Dirty tail-ends feed smoothly over the trimmer
This is a sturdy precision tool that will withstand considerable use. A neck strap is incorporated so the device can be hands-free between cows. Replacement cutter sets are available.
A trimming collection apron is available as an accessory and is used to prevent trimmings from blocking parlour drainage.
NEW Titanium Cutters Model Available
Tailwell TITANIUM provides a better cutter life than our original Tailwell power tail trimmer in situations of sand contamination of tails, experienced where cows were bedded on sand. With the titanium coating, user experience is that the cutters will last up to 3,000 sand-embedded tails (or 6,000 non-seriously contaminated tails).