The Tailwell Power Tail Trimmer is easily fitted to a cordless drill in a few simple steps. Trimming of a single tail can be completed in ten seconds.
Fitting the Tailwell to a cordless drill
- Place the Tailwell drive shaft into the open chuck and pull the flexible sleeve backwards, firmly onto the drill
- Tighten the drill chuck, making sure that the chuck claws are aligned with the flats of the Tailwell driveshaft
- Pull the flexible sleeve back on the drill once more to ensure that it is tight
- Pull the stretchy cord over the back of the drill. This is for safety against the Tailwell dropping off the drill accidentally
- Oil the cutters with the oil supplied in the kit
- The Tailwell is now ready to trim
First steps in using your Tailwell
Here is an important guide on how to use your Tailwell power tail trimmer.
On first use of your Tailwell, follow these steps for simple and easy tail trimming.
How to achieve the perfect trimming result
You will achieve the best trimming results if you make two passes over the tail.
This video explains the trimming technique required for the optimum outcome.
How to cut dag-filled, long and wet tails
No matter what condition the tails are in Tailwell can cope easily.
This video shows how Tailwell can be used with long-haired, wet or dag-filled tails.