For greater cutting efficiency and speed.
Tailwell TITANIUM provides a better cutter life in situations of sand contamination of tails, experienced where cows are bedded on sand.
Tailwell TITANIUM features a titanium-nitrade (TiN) coating for the cutter set. This super-hard coating prevents the fast degradation that the sand causes on the cutters. Titanium-coated cutter sets are very distinctively gold coloured.
Benefits of Tailwell TITANIUM include:
- Good cutter life in situations of sand contamination of tails
- A super-hard coating that prevents the fast degradation that the sand causes on the cutters
- Trimming takes only a few seconds per tail and is easily accomplished during milking or in the barn
- Cutters will last up to 3,000 sand-embedded tails (or about 6,000 non-seriously contaminated tails)
- Cutting power demand is reduced, meaning drill battery life is extended, and user fatigue reduced considerably
The titanium cutters cannot be sharpened, and thus the usual honing paste is not included in the Titanium set.
Tailwell TITANIUM is a higher-cost optional product to our standard Tailwell. Titanium-coated cutters are available as a part. These can be fitted to any regular Tailwell.
It must be noted that as with our regular model Tailwell – cutter tension must be checked regularly, and lubrication used regularly. All other regular Tailwell instructions for use and service instructions apply.